Re: jessie-updates gone

Hi Ben,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 03:32:10PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 00:02 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Personally I'm not bothered either way about whether
> > "<distro>-updates" remains something that can be in sources.list
> > without causing update errors, but I am more concerned that a lot of
> > users may have ended up transitioning to LTS without realising that,
> > and wonder if there is any good way to help reduce that.
>
> I don't think this is the big problem that you think it is.

I'm not sure how big of a problem it is especially when I'm not the
one who would make any changes, and whoever does will have a list of
other things they want to work on. As I say I was just wondering if
there is anything simple that can be done to help reduce the number
of these users.

But I gather that you either don't feel it is a problem or else it's
not one that justifies making any changes, and I accept you will
know better than I so I will stop going on about it now!

Cheers,
Andy