Re: Wheezy update of roundcube?

Hi,

On Tue, 03 May 2016, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> What's the point in updating a server package like roundcube in LTS
> to the version from LTS+1? I creates significant churn on the sysadmin's
> side, which is better spent on upgrading the entire VM/machine to LTS+1.

I don't think this is entirely true. It really depends on the work that
such an update generates but depending on the webapp, this might amount
to nothing.

For instance, I run the unstable wordpress on a wheezy machine. And
each wordpress upgrade is painless, but a full upgrade to jessie would
be much more time consuming.

And in general, we (Debian in general) are more open to the idea of having
such high level applications with no reverse dependencies to be upgraded
to new upstream versions when that is the only possibility.

Not supporting the package is the worst outcome in my opinion.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer