Re: Wheezy update of roundcube?

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 06:28:03PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> The second best solution would be to backport either the 1.0.x branch or
> your jessie-backport packages to Wheezy. Since you actively maintain
> them, what do you think, how complex is the task to backport the
> packages from jessie-backports to Wheezy?

What's the point in updating a server package like roundcube in LTS
to the version from LTS+1? I creates significant churn on the sysadmin's
side, which is better spent on upgrading the entire VM/machine to LTS+1.

Clearly not all packages are suitable for five years maintenance, so it's
better to not paper over the systems, but rather make this explicit.

Cheers,
        Moritz