Re: Why are the Squeeze images so much larger?

Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 09/02/11 09:47 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
> > Not that I'm interested in performing such a task, but I think a
> > suitable "small size" live cd would include the basic gnome gui (not
> > sure what it's called in squeeze), network manager, synaptic, software
> > center, and not much else.  This would provide users with a (hopefully)
> > familiar gui, and the opportunity to easily install additional software.
>
> If "most people" would be happy with this, why isn't it an option in the
> standard installer?

It does. Install from CD #1 w/o configuring a network, and that's
essentially what you get. The only Key packages in gnome-desktop are
gnome-core, gdm3, xorg, xserver-xorg-video-all, xserver-xorg-input-all,
desktop-base, menu, and iceweasel.

--
see shy jo