Re: Why are the Squeeze images so much larger?

On 09/02/11 09:47 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
> Not that I'm interested in performing such a task, but I think a
> suitable "small size" live cd would include the basic gnome gui (not
> sure what it's called in squeeze), network manager, synaptic, software
> center, and not much else.  This would provide users with a (hopefully)
> familiar gui, and the opportunity to easily install additional software.

If "most people" would be happy with this, why isn't it an option in the
standard installer? I'm afraid of creating a whole class of users who
have broken X, Y or Z by default because they installed from a CD-sized
live image. I'm not sure I want to deal with that support problem.

Ben