Re: Bits and pieces related to Lintian

Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:

> Yes, I'm still interested in completing something: visualizing the
> evolution of Lintian tags[1]. It was implemented a long time ago[2], but
> I keep forgetting to ask you if HISTORY (reporting/config) was ever
> enabled at l.d.o. And if so, are the files publicly available somewhere?

Oh, no, I don't think it ever was.  Actually, the version on lintian.d.o
is old too.  I should get that updated (maybe with a 2.5.0 release?) and
I'll also enable HISTORY at the same time and figure out how to put it
somewhere public.

> Once HISTORY is enabled, I'll commit the remaining stuff to generate and
> display history charts. I'm sorry it took so long to ask, it is entirely
> my fault.

No apologies needed!  I had forgotten all about it.

> That said, I'm not committing regularly, so I'll understand if my commit
> rights are revoked.

Oh, no, no.  I don't see any reason to revoke anyone's access.  The most
I'd ever propose doing is trimming Uploaders of folks who aren't at all
involved any more and unlikely to do anything soon, just for clarity.  But
even those folks should still retain commit access as long as they want
it.