Re: Debian-Lex

Hi

I've been following debian-lex for a while, adn this thread in particular.

I disagree about the "difficulties" due to countries, jursidiction etc.

I feel that there are two different types of tools a law office

1) a way to register clients and keep track of conflict of interest
2) a way to sort and keep track of documents, email etc coupled to a client + particular case,
3. Scheduling/Calendar
4) a tool to make the internet truly usesful (PERL LWP is a good example).

and all integrated to some extent.

I have so far designed a simple variant of the first two using mainly perl.

It's simple yet efficient and uses opensoftware. What more can you ask for :)

beyond this once can ofcourse design things which are jursidiction specific, for instance templates for certain types of documents etc.

I would like to see a "legal intranet" where smaller law firms can perhaps av a useful knowledge database that would be searchable etc.

By the way..taka a look att www.swish-e.org  .. its a wonderful tool

Hoping Debian-lex will live on

I would offer my programming skills, but I just a beginning "perl"- guy and doubt I could provide much useful help.. but if theres something I can do let me know.

Thomas