R: Re: Debian-Lex

> I think one of the problems of this project is the
> need of a stronger nationalization in comparision
> with other software.
>
> Programs for a lawyers office or useful tools for
> a lawyer have to regard the specific conditions
> esp. legal conditions in a country.

we're hoping we can start a massive testing first of all so our
application could be a start point, stable and secure.

After this we're tring to publish all the documentation, and then
translate it, so anyone can handle all the program, without having to
peak with the developers for every problem.

Obviusly, we hoped to create "a big poin of interest", so while the
tecnicals could handle the installation and upgrade of the program, the
lawyers coudl manage to create their language specific models of
documents.

Actually when you have a basic platform to work on, i think the point
is to have a big community so the <application>/<basic platform> could
live with all the people that can handle and support it.

> I think one of the problems of this project is the
> need of a stronger nationalization in comparision
> with other software.

yes and no :o)

You need to handle your specific billing system maybe (if you have one)
and i'm sure you've to handle your specific document template, but
primary you need a system that coudl handle all the basic feeatures:
install, upgrade, extensions, customization, etc, without having to
rewrite or fork the project, instead there is no point to public an
internationalized application to work on. Then, while the program can
handle document template management, the biggest customization is to
create the models, or a guide to allow lawyer to it by themself.

At least we'r trying it on http://sourceforge.net/projects/elawmanager

ahem ..... it's not fully translated .....
we're still searching developers and tester to do it.....

cya, thx

--
Diego Zanga
- Gestionale Studio Legale Open Source -