Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 03:29:27PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I think that this discussion is going completely out of proportions.
> Francesco always makes sure that his replies contain an informative
> answer.  In the last part of his emails, he adds his point of view in a
> way that it is very clear that it is not Debian's.  People who already
> read it can easily skip it, just like email signatures.

You are missing the point.  The problem is not that such content annoys
regulars.  The problem is that people who are *not* regulars, including both
Debian maintainers who are only casually involved in licensing questions and
upstreams who are seeking advice about how to get their software into
Debian.  This list is the face of Debian to the outside world on licensing
questions.  Francesco has shown he is not willing to leave his personal
opinions aside on this list; we should therefore not allow him to act as
part of Debian's face.

> If Debian bans Francesco from this list, I will fee very ashamed of us.

If Debian fails to ban Francesco from this list, the list should be
disbanded.