Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 08:04:20AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Steve Langasek dijo [Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 08:13:30PM -0700]:

> So, my request is for you _not_ to ban him, but for Francesco to tone
> down. Yes, this might re-escalate later on, and things might be
> re-evaluated. But talking about banning him _now_ is IMO too soon, too
> harsh.

There is nothing "soon" about this.  I have been telling Francesco for
*years* to stop pushing his personal agenda on this mailing list, and it was
a mistake on my part to not follow up with the listmasters sooner.  The fact
that he is a prolific poster who is otherwise knowledgeable makes the effect
of his misuse *worse*, not better.