Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

"Arc Riley" <arcriley@gmail.com> writes:

> I've gotten the impression, though, that many people on this list
> are arguing against the AGPL on the basis that they want to retain
> people's "freedom" to exploit the ASP loophole.

You're seeing a different discussion from what I'm seeing, then.

The important issue, for the purposes of this discussion taking place
on the 'debian-legal' forum, is determining whether a work licensed
under the AGPL is free by the terms of the DFSG.

Arguments for or against are matters of preference, potentially
interesting, but *irrelevant* to the question of whether such a work
is DFSG-free.

--
 \             “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect |
  `\       confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation |