Re: PHP License for PHP Group packages

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:00:55PM -0500, Charles Fry wrote:
> Instead I propose that all RC bugs in PHP Group software released with
> the PHP License be closed.

> For the record, all previous discussions of this matter on debian-legal
> have suggested that the PHP License might be non-free for everything
> (including PHP), but it has never been argueed that PHP itself and PHP
> Group software should be treated differently with respect to the PHP
> License. Inasmuch as the PHP License is currently considered free by
> Debian (for PHP), I think that the closing of the PHP Group RC bugs is
> appropriate, given the recent changes in the PHP License.

Well, I'm still not happy about the "don't use the PHP name" clause, but we
seem to be ignoring that clause everywhere else at the moment.  So for
packages that have the PHP Group as their upstream, I think it's reasonable
to close the bugs *if* the packages include the new license text in
debian/copyright; otherwise downgrade the bug to a "please update the
license text" bug.  Do you have a list of the affected packages?