Re: PHP License for PHP Group packages

It would be most helpful if we could make some progress on this issue.
There are a handful of RC bugs whose maintainers are trying to work with
their upstream authors to find resolution. In some cases the upstream
authors believe that the problem should be fixed with the new PHP
License. It is becoming unprofessional for us not to be able to give
them a straight answer.

Once again, I repeat my claim: that the 3.01 version of the PHP License
is equally fit for licensing PHP itself and PHP Group software. This
claim has been upheld over months of sporadic discussion on the matter
at debian-legal.

Given the lack of disagreement on this issue, I would again like to
request that the FTP Masters update their policy to accept PHP Group
packages with the PHP License, in addition to PHP itself. Or in the
absense of a willingness to do so, please step forward so that we can
further this discussion and deal professionally with the upstream
authors of the current RC bugs related to the PHP License.

cheers,
Charles