Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

On 5/13/05, Raul Miller <moth.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/13/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/13/05, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> > > I'm done here.  You are obviously more interested in trolling or spreading
> > > FUD than having a conversation.
> >
> > It's nice to hear someone else come to this conclusion.
>
> You've been rather consistently insulting for a number of days.

Oh, please.  Like you've been Mr. Clean.  You have been rude,
sarcastic, and dismissive from the very first message you contributed
to this discussion (
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg00285.html ).  You
have at no time observed the punctilious standard of courtesy, of
accuracy of quotation, and of acknowledgment of valid points with
which I began, and which I maintained almost throughout our
discussion.  And of those three, the only one that gave way at any
point was courtesy, and only after extreme provocation -- and I took
that as a cue to absent myself until I regained my equilibrium.

> Adam, at least, appears to think that insulting statements aren't
> worth much of his time.

Insult has at no point been the primary purpose of any of my
statements.  Had it been, I assure you that you would know that you
had been insulted.

> > Is this guy still chair of the technical committee?
>
> Ian Jackson is the chair of the technical committee.
>
> Here's how you could figure that out on your own:

Wow!  Raul can use Google!  You may be surprised to know that FindLaw
works in much the same way and can be used to obtain the means for
legal reasoning that stands a chance of being valid in a US
jurisdiction.

> > After his inane thinly veiled threats in
> >  http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/04/msg00090.html ?
>
> You see attempts to resolve problems as threatening?

I see claims that glibc and GPL licensed parts of the toolchain might
be undistributable without the sarge exception, coming from a member
of the Technical Committee apparently installed at the behest of the
FSF at the time that the Debian Constitution was first ratified, as
thinly veiled threats.  Can you defend them on any other basis?

- Michael