Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> But what ends up on the user's Debian system when he types "apt-get
> install eclipse; eclipse" is a program incorporating a JVM and many
> libraries.  Debian's not just distributing Eclipse or just
> distributing Kaffe -- the idea is that we'll be distributing the
> Debian OS which includes both, linked together.

Setting aside the trademark question, what ends up on the user's
Debian system when he types "apt-get install mozilla-firefox;
mozilla-firefox" is a program incorporating a GPLed kernel with
incompatibly licensed application code.  Why is that any different
from what you describe?

Michael Poole