Re: firmware status for eagle-usb-*

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
>
> >> And the CPU is hardware, so not covered by the DFSoftwareG.
> >
> > Is the device you mentioned not hardware?
>
> The device is hardware.  The software uploaded to control it, from a
> file on disk, is software.

Even granting that, it does not establish a very clear dependency
chain from the firmware to the driver.  Is the driver case different
from the various network clients (AIM, Exchange, etc.) in Debian with
no server implementations in main?  If so, why?

Michael Poole

P.S. I am subscribed to debian-legal.  Please respect
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct and only CC posters
if they request it.  Marco already reminded you of this guideline.