Re: There was never a chance of a "GFDL compromise"

O Luns, 22 de Setembro de 2003 ás 10:57:37 -0400, Richard Stallman escribía:

> Not long ago, people were trying to reassure me that if invariant
> sections were removable, nobody would remove them.  I guess not.

 If they were both removable and modifiable (so not invariant), they would
be DFSG-free and nobody would have any reason to remove them.

 Even if they were removable but not modifiable, they would still not be
DFSG-free, so the only way to get a DFSG-free document would be to have them
removed.

> This reinforces my conclusion that it is essential for these sections
> to be unremovable as well as unmodifiable.

 Well, in that case they'll make the document DFSG-nonfree. If they were
removable and modifiable the document would be DFSG-free (except for the DRM
clause, of course).

 So, to summarize:

 Removable and modifiable     -> Debian would most certainly carry them
 Removable but unmodifiable   -> Debian would remove them
 Unremovable and unmodifiable -> Debian would not carry the document at all

--

   Tarrío
(Compostela)