There was never a chance of a "GFDL compromise"

    If you are aware of the existence of unmodifyable essays and logos in
    debian main, please file an RC bug against the package in question.

You seem to be saying that if our political statements, which are
included as invariant sections, could be removed from our manuals, you
would make a point of removing them.

A few weeks ago someone was trying to argue that nobody would do this,
and that invariant sections were designed to solve a nonexistent
problem.  Now we know the problem is not just theoretical.