Re: There was never a chance of a "GFDL compromise"

On 2003-09-21 23:33:28 +0100 Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
You seem to be saying that if our political statements, which are
included as invariant sections, could be removed from our manuals, you
would make a point of removing them.

Please do not extrapolate wildly from his words. Wanting the freedom to do modify does not mean that it will be used. After all, we have the freedom to make all MTAs in Debian append "Visit www.debian.org" to every line of every message, but they do not.

The preceding message is not evidence of bad people in Debian. I expect that anyone removing GNU opinion sections without replacement would get a nice bug report from some.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at