Re: defaming now?

Mathieu Roy wrote:
Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :

* Mathieu Roy (yeupou@gnu.org) [030912 11:50]:

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :

become free in the sense of Debian. And that means: free according to
the DFSG.

Hum, you mean in the sense of the Debian Free _SOFTWARE_ Guidelines?

Perhaps you should read the Social Contract,
http://www.debian.org/social_contract and re-do your "Philosophy and
Procedures". There stands e.g.
| the applicant must agree with these principles

I completely agree with these principles. Unless you can prove that I
disagree with the social contract, please stop defaming.

But I don't think that you'll bring here the proof of your defaming
behavior so I'm going to proves that my point of view about
philosophical/political/historical text is not at all contradicting
the social contract:

    1. Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software
       We promise to keep the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution entirely free
       software.  As  there  are  many  definitions  of free software, we
       include  the  guidelines we use to determine if software is "free"
       below.  We  will  support  our  users who develop and run non-free
       software on Debian, but we will never make the system depend on an
       item of non-free software.

No problem for me. Philosophical/political/historical text included
in some manuals are not software.

In which case Debian shouldn't distribute them. Debian Will Remain 100% Free _Software_. Not, Software in Debian Will Remain 100%. This has been brought up before. Please review the mailing list archives for the complete discussion.

-- Keith

P.S. (joke) Do we need to formally specify the DFSG? such as replace the (apparently confusing) DFSG 1 with \forall x @ x \in Debian -> free(x) \land software(x).