Re: A possible GFDL compromise

    I, and, to a large extent, other members of this list, are concerned
    that, beyond the non-trivial freedom aspects, texts under the GFDL
    will begin to suffer the same fate that code licensed under the
    4-clause BSD license has.

This is an illuminating comparison, because the practical problems of
the GFDL (and I won't claim there are none) are basically of the same
kind (though of a lower magnitude) than those of the 4-clause BSD
license.  (I explained a couple of months ago why they are smaller.)

None of us have ever considered saying that the 4-clause BSD license
is non-free, or suggesting that programs under such licenses should
be removed from Debian main.