Re: [DISCUSSION] SURVEY: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 03:29:22PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:07:20AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Before I reply, I should add I still see it as wrong and misleading to apply
> > *software* guidelines to *documentation*, which to me are fundamentally
> > different beasts.  Thus, I see the question as rather misleading.
>
> Which question?  If you mean the subject line, please keep in mind that
> I was simply trying to make a very brief summary of a complex issue.

Not the subject line, but all the options in "part 1" of your survey.

What I am saying is that we need to have a two-part "California-style"
ballot here:

1. Do you believe that DFSG should apply to documentation?

2. If DFSG should apply to documentation, what should be the disposition of
GFDL according to DFSG?  (This is the question you asked.)

I don't think that the answer to question two can be relevant unless we have
established that the answer to question 1 is "yes".

-- John