Re: [DISCUSSION] SURVEY: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

On 2003-08-22 15:51:39 +0100 John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
What I am saying is that we need to have a two-part "California-style"
ballot here:

So, run that survey, or find someone else to run that survey, but don't carp at Branden for trying to gather data that interests him.

I suspect not many people want DFSG-free Debian bits, so aren't interested in that survey, so you will need to run it. It would be very interesting to *finally* read consistent rationale in a "we want DFSG-free Debian bits" statement. Assuming that's actually possible.

You could always just run a yes/no survey, but that won't tell us much more than "not everyone has the same view" which I think we know after a few years of this debate.