[DISCUSSION] SURVEY: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:07:20AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Before I reply, I should add I still see it as wrong and misleading to apply
> *software* guidelines to *documentation*, which to me are fundamentally
> different beasts.  Thus, I see the question as rather misleading.

Which question?  If you mean the subject line, please keep in mind that
I was simply trying to make a very brief summary of a complex issue.

> However, with the question narrowly framed as it is, regarding applying
> the DFSG to the GFDL, I would concur as listed below.

It was precisely my point to frame the quesstion narrowly.  We've
meta-discussed issues for literally years.

I want a summary of (what should be) informed opinions on *this
particular point* that can be presented to the rest of the Debian
developers.

[snip]
> If you hold this opinion, be aware that this would only work if that
> permission is not specific to Debian.

Of course.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    As people do better, they start
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    voting like Republicans -- unless