Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:20:31PM +0200, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:

> forbids
> >>

> >> Is it? Are you sure? Or do you plan to distribute encrypted Debian CD's?
> >

> > This is a question which has been asked of FSF, as it certainly looks
> > like it might be.  Why don't you read the licence and see what you think?

> Yes, encrypted system will be a problem if I will try to sell encrypted
> FDL books, so that one can read, but not copy or modify his copy.

> It seems that some people completely misunderstood FDL, or just don't
> read it...

Why are you so certain that you understand the consequences of the GFDL
better than this mailing list, which spends a significant amount of time
examining the nuances of legal texts?  I think the dangerous side
effects of this license are pretty clear.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer