Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Serfey Spiridonov said:
> Specific differences from the DFSG should allow inariants in the
>documentation as
> ==================================
> a named appendix or a front-matter section of
> the Document that deals exclusively with the relationship of the
> publishers or authors of the Document to the Document's overall
>subject
> (or to related matters) and contains nothing that could fall directly
> within that overall subject. (Thus, if the Document is in part a
> textbook of mathematics, a Secondary Section may not explain any
> mathematics.) The relationship could be a matter of historical
> connection with the subject or with related matters, or of legal,
> commercial, philosophical, ethical or political position regarding
> them.

No way.  I don't even know what a "named appendix or a front-matter
section" refers to for many types of documentation, let alone why
I don't need the right to modify or remove it.

Please give one reason for allowing this other than "I want to allow
Manual(s) X, Y, and Z in Debian".  Any one reason.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html