Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Op wo 13-08-2003, om 14:20 schreef Sergey Spiridonov:
> Yes, encrypted system will be a problem if I will try to sell encrypted
> FDL books, so that one can read, but not copy or modify his copy.

What if you'd want to create a custom Debian installation CD which
immediately contains some passwords on it, so that you'd have an easy
time installing a lot of systems?

You may want to protect those passwords by encrypting them somehow; and
if encrypting the CD is the easiest way, you'd probably do so.

Unfortunately, if you'd be distributing those CD's to some people so
that they could help you install the systems, you'd technically be in
breach of the FDL's terms.

> It seems that some people completely misunderstood FDL, or just don't
> read it...

Oh, rest assured, I have. And I do agree with parts of it, but it does
have some flaws which cannot be ignored.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a