Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@nerim.net> wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> >> GFDL permits this I think. But you have to keep the invariant section.
> >
> > Then it doesn't permit it, does it?
> > You still haven't addressed this point.
>
> But you didn't reply to questions I asked yesterday following
> your examples, embedding pieces of docs in software that is.

I'm not sure what question that was.  Perhaps it was answered in the
message you missed? (see below).

> >>   AFAIK, Emacs is not linked to its documentation.
> >
> > I've addressed this and you never commented.
>
> I'm sorry if I haven't. Could you point me to this reference please?

Sure:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200305/msg00351.html

> >>   Writing docs is something people don't like. Let's be realistic.
> >
> > I've addressed this as well.  It's not relevant and I wished you'd stop
> > using it as an argument.
>
> Your right that it's not relevant but shouldn't we consider the world
> we live in?

No.  That would dilute the DSFG.  Don't evaluate licenses based on
the need for the licensed material.  Evaluate it in abstraction of it.

Peter