Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> I don't agree.  Just take out the offending part.

The GFDL does not allow us to take out the offending part - it contains
sections which are not allowed to be removed.

If Emacs + it's documentation is considered to be a single entity which is
a derived work of both a GPL product and a GFDL product, it is
undistributable even in non-free.

I personally consider them seperate works which we aggregate and
distribute together, but the FSF takes a pretty wide interpretation of
"linking", so I could be in the minority.

> Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr> wrote:
> >   That's insane.

We may disagree with RMS on this, but it's not helpful to call him insane ;)