Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> > Documentation relating to software needs to be really free, in order
>> > that we can manipulate it in far more interesting ways (such as
>> > refcarding it, embedding it as online help, or updating it because
>> > of advances in the program it documents).  This is a transformation
>> > much more intrusive than merely reformatting it or similar actions
>> > which you would
>>
>> GFDL permits this I think. But you have to keep the invariant section.
>
> Then it doesn't permit it, does it?
> You still haven't addressed this point.

But you didn't reply to questions I asked yesterday following
your examples, embedding pieces of docs in software that is.

>>   AFAIK, Emacs is not linked to its documentation.
>
> I've addressed this and you never commented.

I'm sorry if I haven't. Could you point me to this reference please?

>>   Writing docs is something people don't like. Let's be realistic.
>
> I've addressed this as well.  It's not relevant and I wished you'd stop
> using it as an argument.

Your right that it's not relevant but shouldn't we consider the world
we live in?

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org