Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

En réponse à David B Harris <david@eelf.ddts.net>:
> >   No, you'd have to attest that you've rewritten an existing guide
> >   just because the license wasn't free. I'm dealing with guides
> >   (hundreds of pages), not 5 pages HOWTOs or such.
>
> *shrug*, documentation is documentation. If you want some
> documentation
> and want it to be non-Free, that's your prerogative. But that doesn't
> mean it's Free, and it doesn't mean that Debian will accept it as
> such.

Again, moving a program to non-free will motivate people to
write a free equivalent. But I can bet such thing is unlikely
to often happen with documentation. David Harris and friends
will never ever write a hundreds pages documentation only
because the equivalent is not free.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>