Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Scripsit Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

> Again, moving a program to non-free will motivate people to
> write a free equivalent. But I can bet such thing is unlikely
> to often happen with documentation.

The point of moving non-free documentation to non-free is not to
motivate people to write free equivalents. The point is, plain
and simple, to keep the promise we make to our users that everything
in main is free. Believe it or not, some users rely on this
promise. And quite a lot of users use Debian *because* of this
promise.

--
Henning Makholm                     "The practical reason for continuing our
                                  system is the same as the practical reason