Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Tue, 13 May 2003 22:26:32 +0200
jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) wrote:
> > Agreed. I doubt anyone will be motivated enough to write a
> > Free typesetting application ... oh, wait.
> >
> > I doubt anyone will be motivated enough to write a robust set of
> > graphics drivers for *nix ... oh, wait.
> >
> > I doubt anyone will be motivated enough to write a license which
> > ensures that everybody will always have access to the source code of
> > an application ... oh, wait.
> >
> > Maybe I don't agree.
>
> Well, all your examples deal with coding activities so you didn't
> give any proper counter-example.
>
> I'm still waiting for one.

How about all the various non-GFDL-licensed documentation? There
certainly is a lot of it, and much of it is Free. Take a look at the
LDP.

And assuming that what drives people to write Free Software is different
in nature than what drives people to write Free documentation is
questionable. Having written a great deal of documentation myself, I
attest to that.