Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org> writes:

> I agree with all your points.  I think we should move forward moving
> those docs to non-free.  It'll mean a few packages from non-free on my
> systems, but if that's what RMS wants it's not a huge deal for me as
> long as they are still available.

As long as I am a GNU Emacs user, I object to see the Emacs manual
going to non-free. Currently, it is provided by the emacs package
and I'm able to read it from emacs itself as soon as the package
is installed.
So, from the user point of view, I don't see any benefit of moving
it elsewhere.

I'm not in favour of applying such treatments to GNU documentation
because GNU people will probably never act an evil way with their
invariant sections.

I know that everyone should be considered equally but I'm convinced
that the evil will not come from the GNU ...

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org