Re: PHPNuke license

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:00:29PM -0500, David Turner wrote:
> The intent is actually to protect downstream people from your mistakes.

Please don't be a babysitter.  :-/

> Consider: person A at corporation X  changes something in program P,
> then quits, and then person B prepares P for distribution, without
> knowledge of when A made what changes.  If the changes are noted when
> they're made, this can't happen.

It's not like the FSF or other GPL-user wouldn't have a cause for action
in this case.  Once the distribution happens, the restrictions attach.

In any event, I am highly skeptical that this intent is realized in even
a small minority of cases.  People are in general pretty sloppy,
especially with 2a).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The best place to hide something is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    in documentation.