Re: PHPNuke license

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:58:32PM -0500, David Turner wrote:
> Additionally. PHPNuke *isn't* merely an underlying tool -- its
> copyrighted layout, graphics, HTML, and Javascript are included in its
> output.

By simply switching the theme, you could arrive at a situation where there
is little or no recognizable PHPNuke code in the output.  I think your
statement, therefore, is quite a stretch.

Even so, you seem to be ignoring my analysis at:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200303/msg00002.html

Are you really asserting that a single program can be both interactive and
engaging in an act of redistributing its source code at the same time?

That sounds ludicrous and farfetched to me, given that both statements, by
themselves, are already farfetched in this circumstance.

-- John