Re: PHPNuke license

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, John Goerzen wrote:
> I completely agree with that :-)

Recent comments on this list make it clear that 2a and 2c are intended to
apply to modifications you make regardless of whether you distribute.  I'd
always assumed that the "provided you meet all of these conditions"
refered to the "and copy and distribute" part of item 2, but appently it
applies to both that and "You may modify your copy".

You may, however, be able to make some modifications under fair use
without a permission granted by the license.

Interestingly, 2c includes a requirement for a notice that users may
redistribute the program, but no requirement that users can actually get a
copy of the program to redistribute.