Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:02:23AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
>  > But what you actually seem to say is: We have these two documents that
>  > except for a few places are identical; please make a lot of changes to
>  > yours so that we can have them "converge".  That doesn't make much
>  > sense to me,
>
> Would you rather have the current state of affairs, where one group of
> free software developers says the RPSL is a free software license, and
> another says it's not a free software license?  I can't imagine
> anybody would think that's a good thing.

And yet every proposal you put forth is "Debian must become more like OSI
and the DFSG must become more like OSD."  I for one am glad that
RPSL-licensed software is not in Debian, and would resist measures that
would lead to a weakening of our Free Software standards.