Re: OSD && DFSG convergence

John Goerzen writes:
 > On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:21:27AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
 > > Every license that has any interesting terms discriminates.  The GPL
 > > discriminates against people who don't want to give away their code.
 > > The APSL discriminates against people who don't want to give away
 > > their patents.  The RPSL discriminates against people who want to keep
 >
 > There is a key difference.  The GPL discriminates against people because of
 > their own actions.  The Real license discriminates against people because of
 > who they are or whom they work for.  The APSL discriminates based on things
 > totally unrelated to software.

So ... you agree that any interesting license discriminates.  You
should use that term of the DFSG in the manner it was intended, not in
the manner you would like to twist it into.

What you're doing is amending the DFSG without telling the rest of the
Debian project, and without getting their assent to this amendment.
This seems like a problem. to me.  Does it seem like a problem to you?

Or do you conclude that you have their implicit assent because
otherwise they would join the debian-legal list and make their
objections known?

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | You get prosperity when
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | the government does less,