Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes

Brian M. Carlson writes:
 > Any software under this license[0] is non-free but is OSI Certified Open
 > Source Software. I don't particularly remember why; you can search the
 > archives, but the consensus was that it was non-free.

Hmmm...  license-discuss vetted it against the OSD, but debian-legal
turned it down under the DFSG even though the language for both is
nearly identical.  What annoys me about this process is that we
*specifically* established license-discuss to keep this from
happening.

Perhaps I should be sending proposed licenses to debian-legal as well
as license-discuss?

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | You get prosperity when
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | the government does less,