Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:26:39PM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Mark Rafn writes:
>  > It might be advantageous to examine some software that is OSD-free
>  > but not Debian-free, or vice versa,
>
> Does anybody know of any such software?

Any software under this license[0] is non-free but is OSI Certified Open
Source Software. I don't particularly remember why; you can search the
archives, but the consensus was that it was non-free. We've found other
such software, I think, but this was the most glaring, because several
people were hoping that the license would be free (myself included).

IANAL, IANADD.

[0] http://www.opensource.org/licenses/real.php

--
Brian M. Carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> 0x560553e7
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare