Re: The APSL and Export Controls

According to Raul Miller:
> Chip Salzenberg <chip@perlsupport.com> wrote:
> > In any case, revocation isn't mentioned in the OSD.
>
> This appears to be true.
>
> But this means that a license which expires on April 1 would still
> qualify under OSD.  More generally, termination clauses can get
> arbitrarily nasty.

Urk.  I hadn't thought about it that way.  >>agenda

More generally, though, the OSD is like any formal standard -- besides
the legalistic meeting of requirements, there are issues of Quality Of
Implementation.

Just because a C++ compiler meets the ANSI standard doesn't mean you
_must_ use it.  Likewise, just because a license meets the OSD doesn't
mean you _must_ call it 'free'.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."