Re: The APSL and Export Controls

According to John Hasler:
> I also find it a bit worrisome that you could misjudge such an
> obviously non-free license.

== PERSONAL OPINION FOLLOWS ==
== I don't speak for OSI on this, not yet anyway ==

We assumed that the export clause was a no-op, given that Apple is a
US corporation.  We were, apparently, wrong.  We're hackers, not
lawyers.  (But we are looking to get a lawyer involved from now on.)

Besides, hindsight is 20/20 -- if the export clause is so 'obviously'
an OSD violation, why is it only now a subject of public debate?

== PERSONAL OPINION PRECEDES ==

--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."