Re: Bluetooth manager for connecting to Android

On Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 00:47, Michael wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I'm on the road now and only occasionally online.
>
>> FYI, gphotofs and gthumb, tools that depend on gphoto2, work very well
>> for a cable connection with Android phones, at least for photos.
>
> But it definitely has to work for video and music files too, and i
> doubt gphoto will deal with them ...

OK.

Android supports two transfer protocols: PTP and MTP.  If you want media
generally, use the latter.  On linux, install jmtpfs and this will give
you access to other media as well as photos.

> Anyway, with cable, he one thing that would work is if the Androids'
> external SD card appears as storage in the laptop file
> browser.

See jmtpfs.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.50.2 + Ma Gnus v0.14 + evil-git-ff74cfb