Re: [sid] lenovo thinkpad x200s discharge battery while on hibernate

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:05:26 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it is not uncommon on laptops to find that one method or
> the other is not functional.  Or worse that neither works.

You know a lot more about this stuff than I do, but I'm curious - I
thought that s2disk, unlike s2ram, really doesn't involve any special
low-level, device-specific quirks, and should work pretty much
anywhere.  I have never gotten s2ram to work on my Acer 3690, but
s2disk has almost always pretty much worked out of the box (except for
one brief period with a bleeding edge kernel, which may have been
caused by a problem with a buggy ide driver).  Are there indeed common
cases where s2disk doesn't work?

Celejar