Re: [sid] lenovo thinkpad x200s discharge battery while on hibernate

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> To test this theory I would either hibernate or shutdown and remove
> the battery then test the power level again after an overnight.  If
> the power is the same as before then your battery is probably okay and
> the fault is elsewhere.

I just woke up, re-inserted the battery and switched the computer on:
the charge is the same as when I switched it off 7hr ago.

I found the the problem is actually elsewhere: in the meanwhile I got
the solution
from another list. For details see:
http://www.nabble.com/Battery-discharge-during-hibernation-td22417171.html

The problem is the suspend-to-disk method: in my laptop (lenovo
thinkpad) the "platform" method do both suspend-to-ram and then suspend
to disk. This is expected to make the resume process more rapid using
the image written to ram, while preserving those written to swap in case
of complete battery consumption. By the way, this doesn't work for me:
only resume from swap works making this method completely unuseful.

augh