Re: Problems with NDISWrapper

Hi again,

I've changed my wifi card in HP 2133 by DELL 1390 wifi card (little bit
different version of chipset - BCM4311) and it also doesn't work
correctly after first boot. I checked that this card work without
problems in this laptop (after second boot).

lspci -vvv gives me this report:
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN
(rev ff) (prog-if ff)
   !!! Unknown header type 7f
   Kernel modules: ssb

So it really seems like some pci driver (chipset) problem. Question is
if it is caused by hardware or by software. I think that could be a
software problem, because in Vista it works OK after the first boot.

What do you think about it?

Vojta

Hi, just to say I haven't forgotten this, just been too busy to test it.

I'm away at the weekend, so I'll try it on Tuesday, and report back.

Loz

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Muammar El Khatib