Re: Problems with NDISWrapper

Vojtech Krizek wrote:
It could be, but when I boot in Windows Vista wifi works OK for the
first time. I've noticed this problem also under openSUSE 11.1.

If the wifi module (ndiswrapper or wl) isn't running I can see this card
under "lspci" and also I can find this card under "/sys/...". This
problem doesn't happen (in my case) every time I boot from previously
powered down system.

Vojta

I've been running sid on this laptop for several months now.  I'm
inclined to think this is a hardware problem, unless there's been
some subtle change in the device being used.  Using ndiswrapper,
wireless LAN works just fine for me.  Network Manager seems to be
able to handle several different locations without any trouble, also.
Waking up from hibernation doesn't always work quite right (an ifup
is all that's needed), but other than that, everything else works
okay.

I can't seem to find my notes on the installation, but I seem to
recall a google search for hp2133 and linux got me all the info
I needed.

--
Ciao,
al