Re: Problems with NDISWrapper

Thanks for the reply. I really don't think it's a hardware problem,
since I had XP on this laptop for about 2 weeks before I installed
debian, and the wireless worked absolutely fine. I guess the only way
to test the theory would be to put XP back on, but I really don't want
to do that...

I don't seem to have any problems with the laptop coming out of
hibernation (apart from when I had a network cable plugged in,
hibernated, removed the cable, then the next day, powered it back on
without the cable attached, and it crashed during boot)

I'm going to move to the new unstable in a week or so, but I am using
some sources from pure:dyne, and just waiting back for confirmation
that moving from Lenny will not cause problems with that. I don't
think it will, since when I installed, Lenny was unstable, but their
website hasn't been updated from recommending Lenny yet, so I thought
it was safer to err on the side of caution.

Thanks for the help with Xorg. I've got it working perfectly now (not
tried the external output yet, don't really have much need for it),
but it was a good 3-day battle to get it working. Fortunately the help
on Ubuntu's wiki got me working eventually, but even that didn't work
exactly as it said it should (I'm guessing because Ubuntu isn't
actually Debian?)

Thanks again, but if anyone does have any ideas, please do tell.

Loz