Re: losing mails

Derek Broughton on Friday 21 Jul 2006 18:18 wrote:

> Sure it is - but it's within our rights to make him at least use google to
> find the answer when we send it back to the list.  I won't CC posters who
> can't be bothered to subscribe, either.  The list is supposed to be
> collaborative, and asking for CCs because you're not subscribed just sounds
> to me like you don't want to collaborate, you just want a freebie.

I'm sure that you're aware that the Debian Mailing Lists don't require a
subscription to post a message.

We had an argument with the listmasters a couple months back and the reason why
Debian does this, I think, is to allow people who don't follow the lists on a
daily basis also to be able to seek help.

And really, it's not about not bothering to subscribe. Given the large list of
MLs I follow, it is difficult to subscribe to them. In fact I don't get a
single mailing list email delivered to me. I'm in fact thankful to gmane who
allow me to monitor all my lists.

It was just that my laptop had problems and I wanted urgent help.

Thanks to all.

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf